Our Trail Rides
Orange Blossom Trail Rides options:
Trail Bud: This 1 to 1 1/2 hour ride is the perfect, relaxing stroll through the forest--we may pick up a short trot if everyone is comfortable. $60 per person
Full Blossom: This 2 to 2 1/2 hour ride is a bit more adventurous, and may include trotting and some cantering at the discretion of the Trail Master. $100 per person
Orange Blossom Trail Rides offers an upscale trail riding experience in the Goethe State Forest. Our rides are fun for ages 7 and up, and all riding experience levels. We take great pride in giving our guests a top-notch nature adventure!
Our horses are hand-selected, experienced, well-trained, sweet, and we feel they are the stars of our show. Their care and well-being are a top priority at Orange Blossom Ranch, and we love each and every one of them--we know you will too!
Our Trailmaster and ranch owner, Sandi Johnson, is a graduate of the University of Florida, an experienced horsewoman, and a lifelong lover of nature. It is her extreme pleasure to welcome you to the ranch, and to share the beauty of the Goethe State Forest, the Rainbow River, and all the wonders of nature with you. She hopes to provide an entertaining and educational experience to all visitors.
We are located adjacent to the Goethe State Forest Trail head in the Apex section, one of the most beautiful areas of the forest. Our ranch consists of 80 acres of rolling pastures for our equine partners to enjoy. We also have a group of small animals for your viewing and petting pleasure: miniature horses, ponies, goats, donkeys, and our newest addition, a miniature pig! All of our small animals are friendly and love to interact with visitors, especially if they have treats!
We have been in business in South Florida since 2007, and relocated to the Dunnellon area for the sole purpose of enjoying the amazing trails of the Goethe State Forest--voted one of the top horseback riding trail areas in the USA. We are excited to share this fabulous experience with you!
- We will need to know each rider's approximate height, weight, and riding experience so we can select the best horse and saddle combination for you. Our maximum allowable weight is 230 lbs. Our minimum age is 7 yrs.
- Riders should be dressed to ride in long pants and closed-toed shoes.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled ride time.
- We provide helmets free of charge, and helmets ARE MANDATORY for all riders.
- We are happy to provide riding instruction after mounting, and along the way.
- All riders must sign a Release of Liability Waiver. Parents must sign for minors. You may download and fill out ahead of time by clicking here:
- Full payment is due upon booking and reserving your ride time/date.
- No shows will be charged full price. This includes last minute decisions not to ride.
- In case of inclement weather, a refund or reschedule will be offered. Please call ahead if you are concerned about weather. We will reach out to you if we need to cancel your trail ride, so please make sure we have the best number to reach you.
- Feel free to ask your guides questions during your ride--we love to get to know you better! Your happy experience makes us happy, and all our guides are friendly and knowledgeable. They also appreciate tips for their hard work and bright smiles!
- We believe in giving our horses yummy treats, so feel free to bring apples, carrots, or peppermints, if you like!
Come ride with the best horseback trail riding outfitter around! We are proud to service our out-of-town visitors, as well as our surrounding areas: Dunnellon, Williston, Inglis, Micanopy, Cheifland, Bronson, Homosassa, Ocala, Cedar Key, Crystal River, Gainesville, Tampa, Clearwater, St. Petersberg, Orlando, and all of Central and South Florida. What a great weekend getaway!